Perfect for a Sunday morning, these pancakes are super easy. I serve them with fresh fruit, maple syrup or applesauce. These also make a nice dessert.
I love to make these on the weekends when I have time to chill out and really enjoy the process. However the pancakes freeze really well, so you can easily warm a couple up on a busy morning. That’s a good reason to make a double batch and fill the freezer!
Adapting to a low histamine diet does not have to mean missing out on everything. This is a nice way to get some familiar favorites into your diet.
Find out which foods are low and high in histamine and how to shop store and cook them in the Happy Without Histamine low histamine foods list.
Plant-based oatmeal pancakes
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup rice milk macadamia nut milk or oat milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Make a flax egg by mixing the ground flaxseed and water together in a small cup or bowl. Let it rest for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place oats in a blender or food processor and blend until ground to a flour-like consistency (can still be a bit rough).
- Add salt, baking powder, and ginger to a food processor and pulse to mix then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry mixture and mix gently. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add some of the coconut oil. When hot, pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on surface of the pancake, then flip over and cook until slightly browned. Enjoy!
Chia EggInstead of the flaxseeds, you could use chia seeds to make a chia egg. 1 Tbsp chia seeds + 2.5 Tbsp water = a chia egg
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary.
Some posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
Top with this yummy applesauce recipe and enjoy your weekend!
This recipe features in the low histamine plant-based recipe eBook along with many more. Simplify your low histamine elimination diet with 71 recipes, a 7-day meal plan, a prep guide, and shopping list.