Vegetable soups are the perfect way to increase your daily vegetable intake and help your gut heal with an easy to digest meal. We can sometimes get stuck in a low vegetable, high protein and carb diet when going low histamine. It’s important to eat as many low histamine veggies as you can cram in, due to the much needed potassium content we don’t get from a lot of other foods.
I use homemade vegetable stock in all my low histamine recipes. Meat based stock is usually high in histamine, but if you have a mild case of histamine intolerance you will probably be OK with short cooked meat stocks. You can use these recipes for chicken stock and beef stock and reduce the cooking time to 2 hours or under.
This recipe can be cooked on the stove top or pressure cooker for a quick lunch. As well as low histamine, this recipe is also low oxalate, dairy and gluten free!
Find out which foods are low and high in histamine and how to shop store and cook them in the Happy Without Histamine low histamine foods list.
Low histamine cauliflower and kale soup
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and trimmed
- 1 yellow onion large, roughly chopped
- 1 leeks trimmed and chopped
- 1 head cauliflower sliced into florets
- 8 cups tuscan kale Leaves packed
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning see recipe
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- Place the olive oil, garlic, onion and leek in the pressure cooker instant pot and saute for 3-5 minutes until onions soften.
- Add the cauliflower, kale, Italian seasoning, salt and vegetable stock. Cook on low pressure for 30 minutes or high pressure for 25.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Puree soup with a stick blender. Alternatively puree in batches in a high-speed blender until smooth and creamy.
- Divide into bowls and enjoy!
All nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content may vary.
Some posts on this blog may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission at no cost to you if you purchase through a link.
Sick of boring low histamine meals?
This recipe is in the Ultra-Low Histamine Meal Plan and the Vegan Low histamine recipe eBook along with many more.
Ultra-Low Histamine Meal Plan – Your low histamine elimination diet made easy, with 4-weekly meal plans, over 55 recipes, and prep guides and shopping lists for each week.
[…] *Cauliflower & Kale Soup […]